Sunday, May 22, 2011

5/22 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  Today, we went to an antique auction.  It wasn't as packed as I thought it would be.  I realize antiques in general have fallen out of favor.  I have always liked antiques, but never wanted to pay the prices.  Our dining room table is "early marriage, K-mart".  It has served us well, but, it was time to get one I really wanted.  If I am not mistaken, the one we got at the auction - probably is around the same dollar amount I paid - but technically less - since there has been some inflation.  Anyway, my husband can take the K-mart set, and we can use the new set to stage the dining room when we put the place up for sale next year?  Anyway, I got a mahogany table for six and six mahogany chairs - 2 with arms.  The seat fabric is not my favorite - but that would be an easy fix :)  We got a few other things - it was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.  We even let a few things "get away" :)

No comments: