Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Does a person's disposition encourage freebies?  Generosity?  Today was a day filled with errands - and freebies.  First, I took my daughter to the dermatologist - on our way out - he told me to pick-out a bar of French soap - "on me (him)".  The stuff is $10 - and I was surprised - and pleased.  Then we stopped at Kroger - my daughter asked for 4 mini canoli's - the lady gave her the last 7 for the price of 4 :)  Also at Kroger today, I found a form to get $5 off baby back ribs and $1 off 2 cases of water or 2 bags of ice.  These were in the beer and wine section - no alcohol purchase required.  I had to stop at Rite Aid for an rx - my receipt had a survey code - and upon completion - I got a $3/$15 coupon.  Well, we are almost out of saline solution.  So, I searched the web and got 2 $2/1 Renu Fresh - Rite Aid has the double packs for $9.99 - and a $2 UP prints out - max 4.  Well, I bought 2 packs (4 bottles) for just over $3 each if you count the $4 in UPs I received.  I turned around and bought 2 Lindt Chocolate bars (1 for my husband and 1 for my daughter) - I had a $1 off coupon - after coupons and UPs - I paid just over $1 for both.  Mailbag:  I got a sample of Purex/Zout and a coupon for a free bag of Ore Ida sweet potato fries.  I also rolled 1 roll of quarters and 1 roll of nickels - and had 1 rebate check and a rent check - they went to the credit union - I was in too big of a hurry to stop for their delicious coffee.  But I enjoyed a cup at home with my free International Delight Breva Vanilla Carmel flabor - yum, yum :)  Added:  Victoria's Secret sent my husband a $10 giftcard for his birthday ;)

No comments: