Saturday, May 21, 2011

5/21 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, I would like to go to the local farmer's market to get produce.  We need to do our part to keep them in business.  It is sad to see businesses close.  I mentioned one restaurant in the area, that we liked, closed last week.  Another, I am on the e-mail list for, sent an e-mail out last week letting customers know that they are struggling.  I also want to make it to Kroger's today - not sure how long the deal is on, but if you spend $25 on certain products, you get a catalina for $10 off your next purchase.  Some items include Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropics products, Energizer, Playtex, and ?  Anyway, we need sunscreen for this summer, so, I have several $1 off coupons that I can combine.  The stuff is not cheap and they recommend you use a bunch, so, I hope to get a summer's worth today. I have cut back on my spending; and I have that British Airways credit card that will net me 100,000 airmiles if I spend $2,500.  I have until July to do it.  I was reading the June issue of ALL YOU and it talks about buying giftcards at a discount.  So, I checked out the sites listed.  I was hoping for grocery store gift cards to chains in the area.  Sadly, there were none.  So, my plan "b" is to buy the balance I need to get to the $2,500 at the end of June in chain grocery giftcards.  Also, my daughter and my hair need some trimming, I am going to call the school and see if I can get the two of in today.

No comments: