Friday, May 20, 2011

5/20 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, I met my husband for lunch at Arby's.  We went Dutch and we each used an Internet Printed coupon for a Free Market Fresh Grilled Chicken & Pecan Salad with the purchase of a 22oz Pepsi Beverage.  The sandwich (or wrap) was wonderful.  Just like the kind you can get at a gourmet deli.  And they were very flexible.  I asked to switch my fountain drink out for a milkshake and the manager approved the switch - so, I got a regular shake.  I believe the coupon expires tomorrow.  Then this afternoon, I used a free code to rent a Redbox movie and did a bit of coupon shopping.  My best deals were the "Just My Size" t-shirt (for work-outs) priced at $6 and I used the $5 coupon in last months "ALL YOU" magazine.  I also got a few cheap items in the trial sized section - oh, and I had a $1 Shedd's Spread Country Crock - and got a small tub of honey spread marked .98 - so, I had a .02 overage.  I was shocked when the cashier said, "You did really well" :)  This Wal-mart has not generally been all that coupon friendly.  Glad they have changed with the times.

No comments: