Saturday, May 28, 2011

5/28 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, my daughter and I got our hair done at the cheaper beauty school.  The price is right, but if you go, be prepared for the "do" to take almost twice as long - because the instructor has check/grade everything - which is a good thing.  The dog is still at Petsmart.  We are having a family BBQ tomorrow.  My responsibility is dessert and side dishes.  Since I had most of the ingredients on hand, I am making pineapple upside down cake, macaroni salad, and veggies for the burgers.  My daughter is making apple pies and a trifle.  She is going to another BBQ in the evening and will take an apple pie and the trifle.  We also have bbq beans on hand.  My dad is bringing the breads.  I got the meat on sale last week - family pack of steaks in the manager special bin now defrosting in the fridge, bratwurst on sale, chicken breasts on sale, and ribs on sale plus sent in for a $5 rebate.  Got the BBQ sauce for pennies - on sale and a doubled coupon.  I also purchased furniture polish, I will be polishing up the table and getting home made placemats and napkins out.  Mailbag:  Coupon for a free tub of flushable Cottonelle - free tp is useful :)

No comments: