Saturday, May 7, 2011

5/7 Expressions

We celebrated Mother's Day today since we didn't want to get caught in the crowds.  My husband mowed the lawns, trimmed the trees, made breakfast, did the dishes, and re-mortered the brick hedging of the flower bed today.  He also arranged for knology to fix our phone.  After the bad weather, our phone only rang once and the line was very staticy (is that a word).  Initially, we were told we would have to pay $25 for a service person to come out.  When we stated it became that way after the storms, they said they would waive that fee.  We are happy our line is working again.  My daughter did a bit of baking, cooking, and cleaning today.  Very nice gifts indeed :)  I took some "me" time and went to Kohl's with the $10 GC they e-mailed me and bought a pack of nice underwear - I had an out of pocket expense of just under $10.  Then to Lowes with my Home Depot Buy 2 Roses, get one Free coupons.  Initially, the cashier balked - but she called the manager and he said they do match competitor's coupons - so, I got 3 new rose bushes for just over $20.  I used the last of my "tax refund" gift card plus just over $2 out of my wallet.  Then to the acupuncturist - it was very relaxing.  Next, I had an appointment with the eye dr.  It appears the reason my multi-focal lenses are bothering me is because my vision has improved - ha - I thought it would get worse with age.  So, he ordered a trial pair and I am to try them out for a week to make sure they are what I need.  I made a stop at Publix and picked up a few goodies.  Then to Kroger.  I wanted to cook my own mother's day meal.  While eating dinner, we watched the "King's Speech" a very good movie indeed.  Mail stunk.  Tomorrow, I will plant my rose bushes where I want them to be.  Oh, when I got my receipt from Kroger - a coupon for $3 off of flowers kicked out.  So, I went in and bought a fresh bouquet - after coupon and with tax, just over $2.

No comments: