Saturday, May 21, 2011

More 5/21 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  From the farmer's market, we got Bok Choy, Goat Cheese, Lettuce, green onions, raspberry/fig preserves, and sugar coated pecans - just over $20.  Then to Arby's, my daughter was going to use her Chicken Salad pecan sandwich coupon with the purchase of a drink - she did.  But the cashier told her to keep it since it doesn't expire until tomorrow.  She asked if I and my husband could use it, she said yes . . . so, we each got the sandwich for lunch today.  My daughter and husband also each ordered the curly fries.  The sandwich really is fantastic :)  Unfrugal deed for the day:  we didn't wait for Thor in 3D to come out in DVD - so, we paid too much to watch it - but is was pretty good.  My husband seemed to enjoy it the most - and he deserved it - he re-mortered the bricks that needed it around the plant beds and he started stripping more stain from cabinet doors.  He said it will be my job to stain them all.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  On to more frugal deeds,  my husband returned some empty ink cartridges to Staples; and he picked up some plant fertilzer at Lowes - which will be free after rebate - and of course he charged it to his British Airways credit card.  The fertilizer was $9.XX and the rebate was for up to $10.  I am going to order some giftcards and use my British Airways credit card.  Since I've used up my Lowes tax refund gift card, I might as well get another at a discount since I will be buying more stain.  I also need to start painting too - since I am planning to put this house up for sale next year.  I got in on the glidden free quart.  This time, I got the light gray - will use it in another bathroom.  I believe there are some paint refund deals out there now too.

No comments: