Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5/25 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I had two great customer service experiences today.  First was with 1800contacts - I order four boxes of contacts in March.  My rx changed this week - I was dreading calling them to ask for an exchange.  I thought if I could just exchange the sealed boxes, I'd be happy.  The Rep. went even further - she said they could credit me for the unused ones too - and they'd mail me a shipping label for returning them - and they have already sent out a box each of the new Rx.  Then, we flew on USAir when we went to DC.  I didn't remember if I even had a frequent flyer account with them.  So, I thought I would get a hassle - the Rep. was great.  She patiently tried a few alternatives - found my account, cheerfully credited me the miles from our trip, gave me my account number, signed my daughter up for an account and credited her account too.  Before this recession, I loathe to call to do anything that seemed tedious and mundane.  I don't know if people are greatful for their jobs, to get business or what - but these last two days have been wonderful in dealing with businesses.  During lunch today, I added $25 to my Starbucks card - and I get $5 free the week of June 6 because I used my Visa, I got an e-mail from Starbucks informing me about this deal.  I also did a receipt survey for a free burger or chix sandwich at Burger King with the purchase of fries/drink.  The other survey was for Rite Aid - got another $3 off $15 purchase that is good for a couple of weeks.  I am hoping they have lots of freebies? this week.

No comments: