Friday, May 27, 2011

5/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  It took two trips in two vehicles to get all of our "winnings" from the auction.  It was a tight fit, but we got it all.  The dining room table makes such a big difference in the look of the dining room.  My daughter loves her highboy too.  I thought I would want to change out the fabric on the seats right away - but, I think I will wait.  Mail was good - got our state tax refund - and deposited it with a roll of quarters and the lawn mower settlement check.  We ate lunch with the 80% off Restaurant.Com gift certificate - the meal was great!  We did some grocery shopping - mainly manager's specials on organic items - or sales and a coupon organic items at Kroger.  Cage free eggs were cheaper than the "regular" stuff.  My husband mowed the lawn and the plants have gotten a lot of free watering lately.  Tomorrow morning, my daughter and I have an appointment at the beauty school to get our hair "done".  Also, the discounted gift cards I ordered are all here.  Just in the nick of time, the dog will be getting groomed at Petsmart - and her discounted card is here too.  Also, we were e-mailed a coupon to get her an initial exam at the Petsmart vet clinic - Banfield (I believe) for free.  We are going to take advantage of it.  She has a great vet now - but it costs an arm and leg for just about any service.  Dog had an upset stomach, no problem, $330.

No comments: