Friday, May 13, 2011

5/13 Expressions

I had a dentist appointment this morning and to make the most of it, I thought I'd stop at the Publix near it.  Sadly, that Publix quit taking Earth Fare competitor coupons.  Anyway, I did get some nice cut roses for $1 with a Kroger coupon, and few other good deals.  I decided to stop at the Publix near my home - since they were out of blueberries when I checked yesterday.  They had the blueberries - so, I got over $10 worth of groceries, and used the Earthfare coupon for a free pint of blueberries with a $10 purchase.  My total purchase price was $7.XX after coupons.  The sad thing is,  the cashier told me this Publix would no longer take Earth Fare coupons after May 23rd.  Also, yesterday, I stopped at Bruegger's with a coupon for a free bagel with cream cheese - and I purchased a 1/2 dozen.  When I got to the cashier, she said the coupon was fradulent and they weren't taking them.  I love coupons and I love saving money.  But, I wonder if this "Extreme Coupon" craze has caused a lot of over zealous shoppers that is causing the stores to start limiting the use of coupons.  Also, although the Bruegger's cashier asked where the coupon came from, I just said the internet - but sure enough, if came off of a couponer's website.  Hopefully, the couponer inadvertantly posted the coupon.

No comments: