Monday, May 16, 2011

5/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I picked-up my free trial pair of contacts today.  In the mail, I got my free Woman's Day.  For the rest of the evening, I plan to make meals for the next few days:  spagetti w/Italian sausage, lime bars, and butternut squash soup - and probably a 3 bean salad.  It will be easier to pack lunches and heat easy dinners.  My husband and the realtor went to look at a foreclosure - my husband said there were cracks that make the property look like it might have a foundation problem?  Also, he thinks they may have had a flood in the basement (musty smell, carpet ripped up).  Also, apparently there are multiple offers on - so, the realtor said if we want to put in offer, we need to do so by the 3 PM tomorrow.  The property was last sold in 2004 for $116K, last year's tax assessment was $113.2K - and foreclosure price is listed at $56,900.  Of course the reator told my husband, the listing agent on the short-sale would do her best to get the bank to agree to sell us the other property - so, we are going to give it two more weeks.   But, in the meantime - I will keep my eyes open.

No comments: