Friday, September 16, 2011

9/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This morning, I cashed in my swagbucks points for another $5 Amazon.com gift card.  My husband mowed the grass.  He also drove my daughter to school and swung by Starbucks - he got each of us a drink with my giftcard and he scored about 20 lbs of coffee grounds for my plants :)  For lunch, we visited my new favorite thrift store which is having its grand opening.  They had burgers, hot dogs, chips, cake and soda.  And, everything was 50% off!  So, I got a pair of new looking Calvin Klein jeans and a pair of Bandolino shoes for just over $12 :)  Great for "Casual Fridays" :)  Then we went to the post office to mail the book we sold on half.com - mailed in a recycled padded envelope.  So, I got two pieces of "stuff" out of here and made a few bucks.  Then to Kroger and grocery shopped with a bunch of coupons.  For dinner, my husband and daughter will use my livingsocial gift certificate that cost me $8 for a $17 meal that includes 2 Philly Cheese steak sandwiches, 2 sides, and  2 drinks - and then they will go to guitar lessons.  I will finish off the butternut squash soup that is in the fridge.  We rented a $1 movie for this evening.

No comments: