Saturday, September 3, 2011

9/3 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My husband made a run to the farmer's market and got the last of our goat cheese from the 1/2 priced card - 3 tubs.  He also purchased some peaches and a few tomatoes.  He and my daughter just left to take a box of her clothes to the consignment store and they will stop at Publix to buy the BOGO figs on the way back.  I have the seafood gumbo going.  My husband and daughter will eat dinner out tonight tonight - one of our favorite restaurants sent us a $25 off gift certificate which expires today - no strings or cost attached.  I am a bit under the weather - so, will be enjoying my seafood gumbo at home.  I made a reservation for them though opentable.com (free to sign-up - and I think once you earn 2,000 points, you get a $20 giftcertificate to use at any of the restaurants?) - anyway, we will get 1,000 for this reservation because they are going early.  Otherwise, you get a minimum of 100 points.  Not too shabby.

No comments: