Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More 9/14 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My husband got his Bears Jacket and is very happy with it.  We got a nice rent check for the condo and it went to the bank with my $2.50 in rolled change and few other small, misc. checks.  I did most of the DIY stuff I had planned on doing - just mopping the kitchen floor - and I will be doing it shortly.  I was so glad the dentist was able to fix the chip with some resin - so much cheaper and less of an impact than a crown - I was pretty content with that.  I read that Starbucks gives "grounds for gardens".  I thought it would be nice to throw some in my compost.  So, I went for a tall skinny vanilla iced coffee - wouldn't you know it - they do give them away - but you have to ask before they throw it out :(  The lady apologized that they had just thrown it out.  While taking my husband on a frugal date on Friday to the thrift store grand opening - perhaps we can swing by and ask about the grounds again.  I read an article on Yahoo or cnnmoney - about how to save money on coffee this a.m. - and found out Starbucks does this giveaway to help keep grounds out of the trash.

No comments: