Saturday, September 17, 2011

9/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter was a bit envious of my bargains from the thrift store.  So, I took her today, and it is still the "Grand Opening".  So, everything was 50% off.  She got a new "Free People" shirt and Steve Madden shoes for under $10.  We also got a free lunch and they gave each of us a free t-shirt.  My husband and I went to the "Y" to work out - and he gave them our notice to quit.  Unfrugal deed, my husband got two temporary crowns today.  Very grateful to have dental insurance - but even so, it was a tad over $700 for the two.  I have a realtor looking for a beachfront condo - must be a bargain :)  My daughter is out with friends.  We made a fabulous dinner at home (we saved some for her).  Earthfare had a coupon, 2 lobster tails for $10 - my daughter and I each redeemed them.  My husband ate 2.  We also caught a nice sale on Top Sirloin at $5.99/lb.  We got 1 large steak - was just over $7 - and cut it into 3 pieces.  Some shoestring fries, a salad - and we are satiated.  So, surf 'n turf for 3 people for the price of 1 at a restaurant.

No comments: