Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/18 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I noticed in the Rite Aid circular that Scott/Kimberly Clark products were on sale and that I could get $40 in UP Rewards if I purchased $70 worth.  I spent $69.XX after coupons and got my $40 ecbs - of which I used some to buy other items we wanted.  Like Halloween candy that they are having a great deal on too.  We should have enough TP to last through the rest of the year.  I will send off a couple of packages with my husband since I know he is not big into looking for deals or coupon shopping.  Might as well save a few bucks for us and buy extra.  My daughter and I went to the antique auction this afternoon - and sadly, I found a bunch of stuff I ended up winning.  Mostly vintage linen - not sure why I love the stuff, hand embroidered table clothes, etc. - I got several boxes averaging $35 a box.  I just ordered 1 brand new table cloth off of shopgoodwill and spent around $21 with shipping.  The big items, a marble top table and a sofa table.  All I can say is, this is the stuff I have always loved, but never purchased at auctions in the past because the prices were way too high (for me).  Now that they are really reasonable, I have purchased them. 

No comments: