Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We are gift card rich!  Today I received both batches of gift cards from Citi Thank-you Points!  Woo hoo, we have our 10 $100 Wal-Mart Gift Cards and 2 $25 Panera Gift Cards.  So, we are going to try to stretch them as far as we can so that we can save more of cash income streams.  I am hoping we can live off of 1 of my husband's bi-weekly pay checks (to cover expenses for both households) - so, it will be fun.  Tomorrow, I will pay off the HELOC.  I still need to plant the discounted Lowes plants.  We have a yard sale to get ready for.  Not sure how much more excitement I can handle.  Today, I dropped some clothes off at the dry cleaners - with my coupon.  Since Rite Aid is close by, I got enough toothpaste, toothbrushes, and body wash to last the next 3 months.  I would say after coupons and UP rewards, I may have spent $8 total - half of that would be taxes.  I have a stash of stuff for DH to take to our "other" house.  We need to save to pay property taxes by the end of December and I want to beef up my daughter's education fund.  Still want to keep my eyes open for 1 more beachfront property - but it has to be deeply discounted before we plan to jump.  I am so glad I am "off" from my day job tomorrow.  I am also thinking about planning our next trip.  I just checked on-line and I have enough Southwest points for the three of us to fly to Los Angeles.  It would cost $30.  No baggage charge, etc.  So, if we have enough hotel points, we may go over Thanksgiving break.  My husband has relatives in the area - and there are things we want to do.

No comments: