Thursday, October 13, 2011

10/13 Expresssions

Today, I got a copy of Aldi's new ad.  Now I can price match some items at Wal-mart.  Most exciting for me - the $1.99 Pumpkin.  We can use it for decorations - and then roast the seeds and make pumpkin puree to freeze for pies later.  I am "off" tomorrow - but will go into work for a few hours to finish up a project.  I think I will stop at the Dollar Tree to buy 2 pie crusts for $1.  I am overloaded with apples.  There's a recipe in my free Woman's Day for apple pie with an oatmeal/crumble topping.  Seems frugal, healthy and delicious.  We can eat one now and freeze the other for later.  The neighbor lady said the house that sold in 1 week had several people interested in it.  One couple really loves this neighborhood.  So, since the realtor knew my neighbor was planning to sell their house eventually, he asked them - and they sold it.  So, technically, the house was never listed.  The neighbor is retiring next summer - so they are downsizing to a townhouse somewhere else.  Hope interest in our neighbor picks up.  I may still list this summer . . . or then again, wait for a few more years.  Today, I deposited $20.50 in rolled change and a few checks.  My husband needs to chase down the closing costs on our foreclosure - they keep asking for additional information :(  It has been 3 months.  The next couple of months are going to be expensive for us.  Replace kitchen/laundry flooring and water heater.  Townhouse will be re-roofed.  All property - except for the foreclosure house is later on 1 Jan of next year.  I want to increase savings for my daughters college education.

No comments: