Monday, October 3, 2011

10/3 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Mail was fun today:  I received a Swiffer 360 duster from Proctor & Gamble, sample of Dove body spray, coupons from Kroger, and my free samples from Lancome (my purchase is on back-order) - so nice of them to send the sample early.  I replaced my mascara and lipstick and got a few anti-aging products to try and my daughter kept the lip gloss.  Today, I took her to acting lessons - we got 4 lessons for 1/2 priced on livingsocial.com.  The dishwasher installer came today - and there was mold under the old unit.  He suggested I call the insurance company before proceeding.  Lo and behold, the insurance agenrt told me our deductible is 1% of our home value . . . which is still slight inflated.  My husband called them back to let them know it was unacceptable that we signed up for the $1,000 deductible and based on the county tax assessor - they over-valued our property by $45K - so, we are back to the $1,000 deductible and they lowered the value by $35K.  So, it pays to be persistent.

No comments: