Saturday, October 29, 2011

The real 10/29 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I am try to get some frugal motivation :)  When emptying cabinets, drawers, and shelves, I came upon some old cookbooks.  I have never been much of a cookbook reader - but I have started reading one - $5 Meals - has some interesting tips and recipes.  Maybe I will get some inspiration when the kitchen is back up and running.  I didn't leave the house.  My husband and daughter and made a run to the bakery - we got 2 dozen petit fours - according to the baker - if we freeze them and take them in Monday, they will still taste fresh.  So, they are in the freezer.  Now, they are out and about looking for a Redbox movie - we have free codes from McDonald's Monopoly game.  They ate the last free breakfast sandwich this morning too.  They did swing by Starbucks and got some more grounds (and coffee).  I probably have the best smelling to me compost :)  I watched an on-line video with Amy Dacyczyn last night - and was inspired by her use of fabric scraps for place mats.  The Queen of Frugal is still frugal :)  I need to get motivated and start working.  Also looked up ways to get rid of popcorn ceilings.  I may slowly start removing ours.  Thank goodness our home was built in the late 80's - so, no worry about asbestos.  Lowes, here I come.  I think I will buy a large scraping tool, re-use a spray bottle - and the worst cookie sheet and start out slowly.  Oh, and while I was dumping my coffee grounds into the compost - near my "garden" the tomato plants that really didn't produce this summer have small green tomatoes and a few more buds - maybe a good present of a few cherry tomatoes?  I'll take them :)

No comments: