Saturday, October 1, 2011

10/1 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today was the community yard sale.  It was cold and windy, and there were several events scheduled for today.  Meaning, very few shoppers.  So, it was a bust.  My daughter made $8 - which she contributed toward a take-out pizza and wings.  She also stopped at the consignment store and picked up a check - with better results.  She dropped off more items too.  I went to CVS today and "rolled" my extra-care bucks and got several products for next to nothing.  Last week, I showed my 3 receipts from Rite Aid to a co-worker.  I introduced her to "rolling".  Doing several transactions in one trip.  It never occured to her that you can split your purchases up and use the UP bucks on your next transaction.  I try not to walk out with any "store bucks".  She was pretty intrigued that you can end up getting quite a bit for taxes only after coupons and the inital UP bucks.  I did use a credit card - but it is one that has a credit on it - so, no additional charges to pay for out of pocket.  We are hoping for very little in variable expenses this month as we got the last of our property tax bills today.  They are late on 1 January.  So, we pay them in late December.  In the mail, I got a coupon for a free Gatorade from Coke Rewards when they were having their 1 day special - 3 Coke Reward Points for 1 free bottle - value up to $1.79. 

No comments: