Sunday, October 16, 2011

10/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today was such a nice day - it sure was hard to think about much.  I did mainly relax and take a nap.  I just recently cut up the pumpkin - it did have a few "bad spots" that are now in the compost.  The seeds have been roasted and are great tasting - just put a bit of EVOO and a dash of sea salt on them.  The pumpkin "meat" is cooking with the 2 apple pies.  I also put the big eggplant in a baking dish with some baby carrots - with a bit of EVOO and salt.  They will become part of some kind of salad.  I have enough salad for the next 2 days - and then will have the eggplant with whatever else looks good for the rest of the week.  I found another condo short sale . . . I have an e-mail into the realtor to find-out if a contract has been accepted.  If not, we may make a quick trip down and look at it/make an offer.  Added:  Since we have a little bit of time, my daughter said she needs to do a school project that will require a purchase at Michael's.  Also, we will need to buy a water heater when the flooring gets replaced.  So, I just ordered 2 discounted gift cards.  We will use coupons at both places to stretch our $ even more.  In addition, we need a few more "Hilton Honors" points for a stay at a hotel, so, we used my husbands credit card.

No comments: