Friday, October 7, 2011

10/7 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I got in on the free lunch at Macaroni Grill - but I went to "work" for 1/2 a day - so, my husband and daughter went there for lunch - and they really enjoyed it.  They also stopped at Michael's so that my daughter could buy some art supplies.  She had a gift card and a 40% off coupon.  Then they went to the grand opening of an Aldi.  They ended up getting fresh produce and a couple dozen eggs.  I left work without eating lunch.  Stopped at Publix and had a nice meal. The demonstrator wanted to get rid of the stuff because otherwise, she'd have to dump it.  I had salmon w/capers, beans and key lime pie.  I also got just over $30 in groceries for around $9.  I went ahead and splurged - but still have a bit of credit on my credit card.  So, no additional charges to pay.  I also stopped at CVS and ended up getting 2 ALL detergents and 2 Suave 2'n1 shampoo/conditioner for just over $3 after coupons and ecbs.  I paid with the cash in my wallet.  Mailbag:  I got a portion of my acupuncture payment paid back by my insurance company.  The rest of the mail was junque.  Tonight, I will eat leftovers and my husband and daughter can enjoy a meal at Applebees with a giftcard I have.  My husband is not as serious as I am about not "spending" any extra cash.  He even forgot to put one of his Wal-mart giftcards in his wallet.  He borrowed mine to get a few items.  Then he tried to keep it.  Uh, no.  Added:  instead of 2 small pecan trees from a Freecycler - I ended up with about 10 saplings.  I need to plant them - but, I am feeling lazy.  I will water them and get them planted tomorrow.

No comments: