Thursday, October 6, 2011

10/6 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I gave blood at work today.  So, I got to come home early to recuperate.  Today, they enticed us with free t-shirts (sports teams), a re-usable bag, coupons, snacks, and bottled water.  I came home and called the dishwasher installer and he installed the dishwasher so we can use the sink and the washer while the flooring repair person submits his estimate to the insurance company.  The installer left me samples of dishwasher tablets, and the liquid rinse, and 3 $1 off coupons.  Then I called the rental agent about the re-roofing work.  She said it would be better to wait until after the 7th when the tenant moves out.  The low quoter said he could wait until then.  So, that is a relief.  I had deposited some $ into my daughter's education fund and was a bit nervous about additional unexpected expenses popping up.  Looks like I did a little bit of worrying for nothing.  Today in the mail, I got my $10 Publix gift card from the rebate I did last month?  Anyway, combined with coupons, especially the $5 off of 20 - I should be able to get quite a few groceries for very little extra out of my pocket.  I asked for 2 pecan trees on freecycle and my husband and daughter will be picking them up today. 

No comments: